Monday 24 March 2008

Easter Weekend

I have to say I've breathed a sigh of relief at being "off the road" for a few days. Was getting tired of travelling and being in the car. It all starts again on Tuesday though!

On Good Friday we headed over to Mum's (with Lillie and Albert) to
a) try to fix Mum's internet connection and get her online, and
b) take everybody for lunch at the Pheasant Inn.

Did not succeed in fixing the connection. I've no idea what the problem is - thought I knew, but have failed to fix things. This means Mum is still offline which is getting to be a problem for her.

Lunch was ok - we had a 40 minute wait for a table. This was made worse by Albert's constant pacing around looking for a table and trying to cajole the waitresses into seating us! Once we did sit down, the service was pretty fast - and the food was ok. Not as good as last time.... isn't that always the way?

Then we called in at Cheshire Oaks outlet mall - Mum fancied a look around. Albert and Lillie were headed back to the car within minutes of getting out of it! In fact, we'd only been into one shop. So we rushed around a few others and then back to the car and home. I felt a bit bad for Mum as I think she'd have liked a walk round, but when you know that people are waiting it makes you feel uncomfortable. Maybe it was a bad call to take my in laws over there on Friday.

Saturday and Sunday we did very little. I did some shopping on Saturday after my facial (my new treat!) and then cooked a nice dinner of Lamb Kleftico. Followed by fruit. We made up the lost calories in wine and liquers, though.

Sunday we had a long walk round Temple Newsam (it had snowed but pretty much melted by the time we got out) and then came home to watch tv and generally slob around. Oh, and update my Blog for the Scotland trip.

Now it is Monday and I'm tidying the office (again) and getting ready for the week ahead - lots of travelling - to Reigate and then Canterbury so we're away all week. Need to get the big suitcase out!