Tuesday 4 March 2008

Mother's Day and an excess of cream!

We had mum over for Mother's Day. In fact, unusually, she agreed to stay for a long weekend - Thursday to Monday, instead of her usual Friday - Sunday.

So I planned my menus with care!
On Thursday I made penne pasta with white wine, cream, lemon, dill and smoked salmon.
Friday was roast chicken, salad and jacket potatoes - not TOO bad.
Saturday I recreated my Valentine Steak meal for mum, and made Creme Brulee for dessert. I am pleased to report that I finally got the Creme to cook just perfectly!
On Sunday we had Roy's parents over for lunch and I made a Lancashire Hot Pot, followed by Sticky Toffee Pudding and cream. I am going to boast now, and say that my Sticky Toffee Pudding is the best I've ever eaten... of course, the recipe is out of a book (Prue Leith's Cookery Bible) but there must be some skill in the making? ;-)

I dread to imagine the calories in those 4 day's eating.... but it is now Tuesday and we're back on track.

But still suffering gymphobia.