Sunday 24 February 2008

Beautiful Bolton Abbey


Today we took a walk at Bolton Abbey. I don't think I've been here since I lived in Saltaire, and yet it is a wonderful part of Yorkshire.


We arrived at 11am, and walked until about 1.25pm which is not bad going. We followed the river along to an area called The Strid - a place where the land narrows and the river has to squeeze through it. The couple in the picture had nicked the only viewing seat!
Then we turned back and stopped for a sandwich and coffee at the Tea House in Bolton Abbey Village. Finally, we drove through Appletreewick and Burnsall and then up Greenhow Hill into Pateley Bridge - then across to Ripon and home down the A1.

The greatest stressbuster - being out in the fresh air of the Yorkshire Dales.


Note: I have been trying for a week to attach photos to this blog but it keeps crashing! So I will publish anyway and add the pics when I can. Yay! Pbotos are up! (13th April 2008)