Wednesday 14 February 2007

Wednesday 14th February - Valentines Day!

I was busy today clearing out some rooms/cupboards at my mum's house, in preparation for her having new carpets fitted on Friday. I don't know how she accumulates so much "stuff" and in a such a small apartment.

My sister and I took a car-load to the dump, and I have a car-load full of good stuff that can either be taken to the charity shop or maybe sold on ebay. Now, does anybody know how to disable the shopping channels on satellite tv??? I have to stop my mum buying so many "wonderful things" that end up shoved in the back of wardrobes and cupboards

Tomorrow we're doing the kitchen cupboards... wish me luck

My dad is doing ok.. no new news yet. My mum is doing ok. She's full of flu this week so that's not good. We still can't get final results/confirmation of the clinical diagnosis, which is very frustrating. They may need to do more tests. The waiting is awful.

Comment added in May:
Oh - this was a frantic period of clearing out and getting ready for new carpets! Mum had a long standing problem with water leaking on her carpets and ruining them and we finally got fed up with waiting for the insurers and just ordered new ones. I then started chasing insurers and found out we were claiming under the wrong policy. 99 phone calls later (and over a number of weeks) we got the claim settled, which was great.

I also wasn't eating much at this stage which is VERY unlike me, and I lost a stone quite quickly. I felt ill at the thought of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment